2 3 Wacky Wednesday Pop | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Wacky Wednesday Pop


Wacky Wednesday Pop

Ah, those pesky piqués! So often they bog down and don’t spring properly off the floor. Sigh. What to do?

Imagine that the toe of your working foot is a sharp pencil, or a pin, or some other pointed object. Now imagine that the floor at the end of the tendu is a balloon. The piqué must quickly and efficiently pop the balloon.

The key here is quick. Pop the balloon fast and effectively so it bursts and doesn’t just sit there slowly losing air.

Pop the balloon for piqués!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #21pp:
“A piqué is like popping a balloon.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Being forgiven is like having all the worst bits of yourself stuffed into a balloon and then having that balloon set free.”
Shannon Wiersbitzky, What Flowers Remember

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog via Facebook, I love it! we should collaborate sometime! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I just looked at your blog - it's great! I'd love to collaborate with you. It looks like you have some wonderful teaching info (l loved your turnout article).

    ReplyDelete