2 3 Technical Tuesday Heart Beat | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Technical Tuesday Heart Beat





Technical Tuesday Heart Beat

The power of music! A study at the University of Pavia showed that the music you listen to can directly trigger physiological changes. How cool is that?! It can modulate blood pressure, heart rate and breathing.

The whole cardiovascular system syncs with the rhythm, and the study found that the blood vessels even constrict with the crescendo of the music and relaxes during more adagio sections. Your blood pressure changes too.

Dancers, who are constantly exposed to a variety of music, would be an interesting group to study, I think. I wonder if there is anyone out there who’d like to do just that?! I’m sure the results would be fascinating.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Anatomical Secret #26ii:
Your cardiovascular system syncs to the music you listen to.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Music is ... A higher revelation than all Wisdom & Philosophy”
Ludwig van Beethoven

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:



No comments:

Post a Comment