2 3 Mad Monday Jitters | Ballet Webb

Monday, November 27, 2017

Mad Monday Jitters



Mad Monday Jitters

Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, most of us are preparing for upcoming Nutcracker or other holiday performances. It’s time to think about onstage hints and ways to calm jitters.

Often when dancers feel insecure about a difficult step or series of steps, they “pull back” and take small steps. This is counterproductive! Instead, if you are feeling unsure, take larger steps, extend your muscles – and breathe! This goes a long way toward lessening jitters and improving performance.

Also, a common problem caused by the adrenalin that powers us onstage is that it also makes us speed up. Concentrate on the music and let its tempo guide you. Really focus on the tempo. Don’t rush – breathe.

These hints can, and should, be practiced in the rehearsal studio so you’ll be well prepared onstage.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #21uu:s
“ To calm performance jitters, reach out and slow down.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“My friends joke that I’m dead until I get onstage. I’m dead right now as you’re speaking to me.”
Lady Gaga

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:



No comments:

Post a Comment