2 3 Saturday Born Statute | Ballet Webb

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Saturday Born Statute



 
Saturday Born Statute

There seems to be the idea that some people are just born dancers. This is simply not true. Dancers are trained, not born. The only exception to this – in my opinion – is in the area of artistic expression, not technique. Technique is learned (trained), but I have found that training the acting ability is more difficult, although certainly not impossible.

As I tell my students, if they walked into the classroom under their own power, they can train to be the best dancer they can be. Training makes the dancer. No more lamenting that “I don’t have talent”, or  “I don’t have the right body”. It’s all in the determination of the student. Dance training works. And it works well. Amazingly well, in fact.

I have professional dancer friends who started out with little or no turnout, tight hips, and/or poorly healed broken bones. All became dancers, and beautiful ones. It’s all about the training.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Statute #100:
“Dancers aren’t born, they’re trained.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Art is unquestionably one of the purest and highest elements in human happiness. It trains the mind through the eye, and the eye through the mind. As the sun colors flowers, so does art color life.”
John Lubbock, The Pleasures of Life

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:



No comments:

Post a Comment