2 3 Freaky Friday Fouetté Drill | Ballet Webb

Friday, June 30, 2017

Freaky Friday Fouetté Drill


Freaky Friday Fouetté Drill

Often the problem encountered in fouettés is an overabundance of energy in a single direction. The solution goes back to the famous two-way energy I talk about all the time.

In fouettés, if the “pulling up” action is not balanced by an equal energy down and through the floor, the turns won’t work. So to ensure a two-way energy, imagine the supporting leg as a drill, drilling consistently into the floor on every relevé. You can even imagine the sound a drill would make to heighten the experience.

This should solve any problems caused by too much energy up.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #14cc:
“Imagine your supporting leg drilling into the floor during fouettés.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Creativity without discipline will struggle, creativity with discipline will succeed.”
Amit Kalantri, Wealth of Words

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment