2 3 Friday Ice Cubes | Ballet Webb

Friday, June 16, 2017

Friday Ice Cubes


 Friday Ice Cubes

The next time you are enjoying a tall, cold drink filled with ice cubes, consider those cubes. Their properties can be visualized to help your dance technique.

Sometimes, ice cubes are firm and square and solid – like your torso must be for things like pirouettes. Other times, the cubes are melting – like your legs in a plié, or your arms in a port de bras. You get the idea.

The most important idea for these ice cubes, I believe, is the firm and square image. So often the torso isn’t. It twists around or (gasp!) bends forward when it is supposed to maintain its integrity. Not good.

On these hot summer days, imagine a nice cool ice cube the next time you pirouette.


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #7kkk:
Consider the properties of an ice cube.

Link of the Day:


Quote of the Day:
“Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours.”
John Locke

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment