2 3 Wild Wednesday Plié Envelope | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Wild Wednesday Plié Envelope

Wild Wednesday Plié Envelope

Pliés have an unfortunate tendency to waver around. The seat goes back, and the ribs poke out. Scary. If you tried to put a plié like this in an envelope it either wouldn’t work at all, or the envelope would be torn beyond use. Not good.

Therefore, a great way to keep plies straight and narrow is to imagine plié-ing in an envelope, and no tearing of the paper is allowed. This means on the way down in the plié, and on the way up.

I guess this way a plié could be mailed anywhere in the world.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #2x:
“Imagine each plié being done in an envelope.”

Link of the Day:


Quote of the Day:
“I've always felt there is something sacred in a piece of paper that travels the earth from hand to hand, head to head, heart to heart.”
Robert Michael Pyle, Sky Time in Gray's River: Living for Keeps in a Forgotten Place

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment