2 3 Technical Tuesday Muscles | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Technical Tuesday Muscles






Technical Tuesday Muscles

According to the book Ultimate Body-pedia : An Amazing Inside-out Tour of the Human Body by Christina Wilsdon, taking a single step uses up to 200 muscles. Wow. That makes me wonder how many muscles dancers use for a single ballet step. I haven’t found any data yet on the answer to that question.

However, it seems obvious that we must be using more than 200 – depending on the particular step. No wonder it takes so much time, energy and sweat to perfect one little thing in ballet. 

So the next time you feel discouraged, take heart! Think of all the muscles you already use effectively, to have mastered the technique you have!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Anatomical Secret #166:
“For an adult, taking a single step uses up to 200 muscles.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all.”
Michelangelo Buonarroti

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment