2 3 Wacky Wednesday Lemon | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Wacky Wednesday Lemon



Wacky Wednesday Lemon

People have occasionally told me that they don’t “get” the imagery I use in ballet. They think it is “woo woo” or somehow suspect. Well, nothing could be further from the truth.

There are many articles you can access online about mental imagery and how effective it is and how it is used to train elite athletes as well as dancers. But I still encounter some resistance to it, and that’s too bad because it is so powerful.

Here is an example I use with my students: Imagine sucking on a fresh, juicy lemon. Do this for a few seconds and see what happens.Your body suddenly produces extra saliva. Yet, you weren’t actually sucking on a lemon. You simply imagined it – you created the mental imagery for it and your body responded.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Secret #21ccc:
“Imagine sucking on a lemon.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“When life gives you lemons, chunk it right back.”
― Bill Watterson

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Check out my coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment