2 3 Terminology Tuesday Renversé | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Terminology Tuesday Renversé



Terminology Tuesday Renversé

The word renversé [rahn-vehr-SAY] means upset or reversed. According to Gail Grant in her book Technical Manual and Dictionary of Classical Ballet: “The bending of the body during a turn, in which the normal balance is upset but not the equilibrium.”

This step is often seen combined with a grand rond de jambe. See the Link of the Day at 1:27 for grand rond de jambe renversé.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Secret #83:
Renversé means upset or reversed.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“When I hang upside down and write the wrong way up, will my letters be upside down or the right way up?”
― Anthony T Hincks

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment