2 3 Fun Friday Spotlight | Ballet Webb

Friday, March 6, 2020

Fun Friday Spotlight



Fun Friday Spotlight

Earlier this month I talked about not dropping the chest during pliés. This “chest caving” posture is also common in many other things in ballet.

Since the upper chest is almost always open (never caved in), it helps to imagine a spotlight coming down from above and shining onto and across your upper chest. Feel the warmth of this light across your collar bones. If you were wearing a necklace it would catch the light and sparkle brilliantly.

This light is always shining on your upper chest area, except when you are doing a cambré or something similar.

Let the light shine!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Secret #16mm:
“Imagine a spotlight shining down on your chest.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Step out today not seeking to be in the spotlight but seeking for a spot to light - be a blessing to someone.”
― Bernard Kelvin Clive

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment