2 3 Fun Friday Socks | Ballet Webb

Friday, March 27, 2020

Fun Friday Socks



Fun Friday Socks

One dance company I performed with required all dancers to wear socks over their dance shoes when walking from the dressing rooms to the stage. This policy was strictly enforced.

The goal was to prevent any slippery substances – particularly floor wax – from being tracked onto the stage where it could become hazardous. It also kept the shoes free of other dirt and grime that could also pose problems.

Not all companies had this policy but I always wore socks over my shoes. I simply removed them in the wings and replaced them before I went back to the dressing room. Nowadays I’d recommend socks with non-skid bottoms for this purpose, for obvious reasons.

Sock it to me!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Secret #21eee:
“Wear socks over your pointe shoes to keep them clean.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Don't be quick to discard old socks because you receive new ones”
― Charmaine J Forde

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Check out my coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment