2 3 Mad Monday to the Point | Ballet Webb

Monday, March 23, 2020

Mad Monday to the Point



Mad Monday to the Point

It might seem like pointing the feet would be one of the simplest things to do in ballet. But no. This basic skill is fraught with pitfalls, the biggest one being the dreaded “sickled” foot.

Now although Ballet Secret 4g states: “Imagine a railroad track that runs on each side of the foot, and always stretch equally down each rail when pointing the foot”, today I’m added a caveat (a condition or limitation) to that.

Since most of us have more flexibility on the little toe side of the foot, think about stretching the big toe side of the foot a bit more. It’s still pretty equal, but that little extra length on the big toe side will help prevent the dreaded sickle.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Secret #4cc:
“Think of stretching the big toe side a bit extra.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“One thing I've learned about myself is that I can accomplish anything I want to. The caveat is that I have to want to do it. I've never been able to forge desire.”
― Crystal Woods, Write like no one is reading 3

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Check out my coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment