2 3 Superstitious Saturday Tchin Tchin | Ballet Webb

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Superstitious Saturday Tchin Tchin



Superstitious Saturday Tchin Tchin

The phrase tchin tchin (chin chin) is a way to wish someone good luck. It originated in China and means please please - an invitation to have a drink – like saying cheers. The phrase was then passed on to soldiers in France which led to its current popularity.

I have occasionally heard tchin tchin used backstage as a different way to wish performers good luck, but it is most commonly used as a toast.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Superstitious Secret #200:
“Saying tchin tchin is a way to wish someone good luck.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“May we generally be happy, generally be witty, generally be honest, but above all always be interesting.”
― Daniel Handler, The Basic Eight

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Check out my coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment