2 3 Terminology Tuesday Collé | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Terminology Tuesday Collé



Terminology Tuesday Collé

The word collé [kaw-LAY] means glued or adhering. Other definitions include: stuck and close fitting. In Gail Grant’s book on ballet terminology she states: “Both legs are kept tightly together in mid-air in a temps sauté.”

I don’t recall hearing this term when I was performing, and a Google search revealed little about the word, at least as far as ballet technique is concerned.

But collé is also a violin technique https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBsfHYE-4hc.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology Secret #84:
“Collé means glued.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“…negative thoughts are quicksands that keeps you glued to your past.”
― Michael Bassey Johnson, Master of Maxims

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Check out my coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment