2 3 Wacky Wednesday Taffy | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Wacky Wednesday Taffy


Wacky Wednesday Taffy

Recently I read about an old mountain tradition called a molasses pull. This was a social event that allowed young men and women a chance to pull molasses (sometimes called taffy) until it became the right consistency to cut into small pieces of candy. It also afforded the “pullers” a chance to sneak a kiss during the process.

Anyway, being a ballet nerd, it made me think about pliés and how the legs should act like warm taffy, not hard candy. Often, in an attempt to “work the plié”, dancers tense the muscles and negate the benefits of this all-important step.

So imagine your legs as warm taffy, and it will solve this problem.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #2z:
“During a plié, imagine the legs as warm taffy.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“…he thinks about many things. Taffy. He thinks about taffy. He thinks it would take his teeth out now, but he would eat it anyhow, if it meant eating it with her.”
Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment