2 3 Silly Saturday Saying | Ballet Webb

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Silly Saturday Saying


Silly Saturday Saying

In the annals of silliness, there are several things that are bandied about in dance studios that make no sense whatsoever. Today I present one of them: “When in doubt, bourrĂ©e out.”

I’ve heard this several times, usually in situations where the dancers wish they could leave (like a grueling rehearsal), or when someone just wants to get a laugh. And getting a laugh can be a welcome thing in tense dance situations.

So, as nearly as I can tell, this silly saying is useful predominately for getting a chuckle – not for any other useful purpose I can discern.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #83:
Silly Saying: When in doubt, bourrée out.

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.”
Audrey Hepburn

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment