2 3 Saturday Shortcut Statute | Ballet Webb

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Saturday Shortcut Statute




Saturday Shortcut Statute

As I tell my students, if there is a cheat or shortcut in ballet, I’ve either seen it, or (rarely) tried it. It doesn’t work. Ballet has been around for centuries and thus has developed into a (nearly) perfect training system. Trying to cheat this system is futile.

Therefore, if you get the urge to tune out and just imitate what someone else is doing, or if you get the urge to improve the system, remember that attempting either one is immediately obvious. Largely because ballet technique is based on illusion (like a magic trick), a dancer must know and understand the secrets of performing the technique. Cheating and/or imitating just doesn’t cut it.

It’s easier to simply pay attention and learn to apply the secrets for yourself.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Statute #111:
“There are no “cheats” or shortcuts in ballet.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Short cuts make long delays.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment