2 3 Saturday Fuzzy Statute | Ballet Webb

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Saturday Fuzzy Statute





Saturday Fuzzy Statute

When ballet is performed as perfectly as possible, it has a breathtaking clarity. Everything is sharp and well defined, and has a look of a high-definition photograph. Nothing blurry.

Which brings me to today’s Ballet Statute #110: There is no fuzzy ballet. There is a designated place for everything, and everything in its place. This creates a clear picture. The legs are not allowed to pose somewhere between devant and a la seconde, for example. It is either in devant, or a la seconde, or it is traveling between the two. Never a fuzzy pose somewhere in the middle.

When you watch videos of accomplished dancers, you can see this clarity in action. No fuzzy ballet!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Statute #110:
“There is no fuzzy ballet.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
To conquer frustration, one must remain intensely focused on the outcome, not the obstacles.”
T.F. Hodge

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment