2 3 Freaky Friday Ow Step | Ballet Webb

Friday, May 26, 2017

Freaky Friday Ow Step






Freaky Friday Ow Step

Think about standard piqués – the ones usually performed during barre exercises where the toes touch the floor and lift quickly and immediately into the air. I often call them “hot stove steps” because of the quick accent up that is their defining action.

Here is another way to think about it. Piqués are an “ow” step. This is related to the hot stove idea. Touching a hot stove (not recommended) produces an immediate “ow!” and a corresponding immediate lift (accent up). Quite simply a perfect piqué movement.

Piqués are an “ow” step.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret #4cc:
“Think of a piqué as an “ow” step.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“You can dance in the storm. Don't wait for the rain to be over before because it might take too long. You can do it now. Wherever you are, right now, you can start, right now; this very moment.”
Israelmore Ayivor

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment