2 3 Mad Monday Pre-Surgery | Ballet Webb

Monday, May 15, 2017

Mad Monday Pre-Surgery






Mad Monday Pre-Surgery

Picture a doctor dressed in scrubs preparing to perform surgery. He washes all the way up to his elbows, keeping his hands above his elbows to prevent contaminating his hands from the water that would otherwise drip back down onto them. Pre-surgery arms.

This “pre-surgery” position of the arms and hands is necessary for doctors, but should never been seen in a dancer’s port de bras. Unfortunately, it is. It usually happens when a dancer is moving from one arm position to another, as in a preparation for a big jump. Suddenly, “pre-surgery” arms appear. Scary.

Avoid pre-surgery arms unless you are a surgeon.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret #6xx:
“Avoid pre-surgery arms in first (fifth en avant).”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Surgery was the most difficult thing I could imagine. And so I became a surgeon.”
Abraham Verghese, Cutting for Stone

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment