2 3 Wacky Wednesday Golden Arches | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Wacky Wednesday Golden Arches



Wacky Wednesday Golden Arches

When doing an echappé, there must be an strong “up” while the feet stay in fifth in the air, before the legs open to second. Then the same path is followed by the legs on the way back, with fifth position in the air being shown before actually landing in fifth.

An easy way to think about this is to imagine McDonald’s golden arches symbol. I’m sure everyone is familiar with this icon. The dancer goes up to the top of the symbol before opening the legs out to land in second, and then reverses the process on the way in.

Golden arches echappés!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #:
            “Imagine McDonald’s golden arches during echappés.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Symbols can be so beautiful, sometimes.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment