2 3 Saturday Carving Snow | Ballet Webb

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Saturday Carving Snow


Saturday Carving Snow

Today I ran across this quote by Lawrence Barrett: "An actor is a sculptor who carves in snow." This could just as easily apply to dancers.

Dance has sometimes been called the most ephemeral of the arts because as soon as it is created, it is gone. Even in this age of video and the internet, which renders it a little less ephemeral, the sensation of witnessing the magnificence of dance at the moment it is created onstage cannot be reproduced. I believe this is one reason dance is so breathtaking and precious – and why we love it and are devoted to it.

As dancers, we do indeed, “carve in snow”.


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Saturday Saying #:
“A dancer is a sculptor who carves in snow.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
"Theater is life with the dull bits cut out."
 - Alfred Hitchcock

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment