2 3 Fun Friday Prop Zipper | Ballet Webb

Friday, March 16, 2018

Fun Friday Prop Zipper



Fun Friday Prop Zipper

I’ve used the image of a zipper several times: for engaging stomach muscles, for postural lift and for the concept of two-way energy. But there’s nothing like an actual, physical object to get the point across.

A standard zipper, all by itself, is a handy item to have in a teacher’s bag of tricks. Take it out and unzip it to show how loose and uncontrollable it is when open. Then, holding the bottom with one hand, zip it up to demonstrate how it now becomes stronger.

Have the students observe how this only works well when the zipper is held firmly at both ends: there’s the two-way energy.

Props are always a good way to add a little fun along with education. I’m sure you can think of other things a standard zipper can illustrate!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #20s:
“Use an actual zipper to demonstrate lift and two-way energy.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Performing magic in the live show thrills me. Just get me a deck of cards and some attentive audience, and I have made my day and theirs too.”
― Amit KalantriWealth of Words

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment