2 3 Saturday Standard Silly | Ballet Webb

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Saturday Standard Silly



Saturday Standard Silly

In the course of every ballet class, there are statements, comments and directives that dancers understand completely, but that leave the average person scratching their head.

For example: “Don’t pull off your leg”. Think about it. As one of my adults students replied with a grimace as he stretched: “That’s just what it feels like I’m doing…”

Here’s one: “Get your eyes off the floor.” Hmmm. I don’t really want to think about that. Is that what the cat in the picture above is trying to accomplish?

And another: “Get out of the mirror.” Alice Through the Looking Glass, anyone?

And yet another: “Stretch your bottom leg.” Most people would say that they are both on the bottom, but dancers – well – are different.

There are many others you can probably think of…

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #188:
“There are many silly sayings that only dancers understand.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” 
― 
Lewis Carroll

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment