2 3 Fun Friday Hair Hint | Ballet Webb

Friday, March 2, 2018

Fun Friday Hair Hint



Fun Friday Hair Hint

Today I thought I’d start occasionally adding hints and tips related to things other than ballet technique. One area that deserves a lot of attention is this one: hair.

For ballet class, a bun is usually the requirement. If a studio or company is more flexible, then a French twist, braids or anything that still secures the hair neatly (without wispy ends, etc.), and allows a clear view of the neck will work too.

How to secure the hair – especially if you have fine hair – is always a problem. Pins slip out and the hair becomes loose. Not good.

Try using hairspray on the hair pins. Spread them out on a paper towel and spray them, then use them to secure your hair. Another tip that works for really immovable hair is to use hair pins (not bobby pins), and after you’ve inserted them into your hair, bend the ends backwards. This is best suited for situations where you will have time and patience to remove them – never for quick hair changes!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #21ff:
“Spray your hair pins with hair spray to help them stay put.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“People always ask me how long it takes to do my hair. I don’t know, I’m never there.”
― Dolly Parton

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment