2 3 Mad Monday Add An Inch | Ballet Webb

Monday, March 12, 2018

Mad Monday Add An Inch



Mad Monday Add An Inch

Improving posture and alignment is a constant quest for dancers. Today’s Secret is a simple way to do this: Imagine adding an inch at each side seam. I’m talking about the side seam of your leotard, or tee shirt for male dancers.

Try it. Imagine adding an inch on each side seam and notice how your whole body lengthens. Voila! Instantly better posture.

This idea is particularly helpful on those days when you are tired and things tend to sink. And we all know there is no sinking in ballet. Think of what happened to the Titanic.

So add an inch on each side!


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #1sss:
“Imagine adding an inch at each side seam.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“A great leader also has the ability to make people an inch taller in his presence.” - N. R. Narayana Murthy

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment