2 3 Wacky Wednesday Up Not Back | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Wacky Wednesday Up Not Back



Wacky Wednesday Up Not Back

Keeping the knees straight is always a goal in ballet. If one isn’t in plié, or going to and from a plié, the knees are straight. Exceptions are positions like attitude, etc.

The secret to straight knees is to pull them up, not push them back. Ouch! We are not flamingos! The human patella (knee cap) is designed to work up and down  – watch it move and you’ll see what I mean.

To straighten your knees, always think of pulling them upward using the thighs, elongating the leg(s) as you do so, for that all-important two-way energy.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #1xxx:
“Straighten the knees by pulling up not pushing back.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.”
- William Blake

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment