2 3 Saturday Statute Arabesque | Ballet Webb

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Saturday Statute Arabesque



Saturday Statute Arabesque

There is a peculiar truth in the ballet world – well, there are actually many of these truths. But today I’m talking about the working leg in arabesque.

We all think it is straight. In fact, we are sure it is. We are sending energy outward  and stretching our feet and so it must be perfectly straight – right? Probably not. It takes a bit of extra energy and thought when the working leg is in the back.

This is especially true in grand battement derriere. The force of the battement so often makes the leg bend ever so slightly at the top of the battement. Again, extra thought and energy are needed.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Statute #141:
“The arabesque leg is never as straight as you think it is.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“My father taught me that you can you read a hundred books on wisdom and write a hundred books on wisdom, but unless you apply what you learned then its only words on a page. Life is not lived with intentions, but action.”
― Shannon Alder

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment