2 3 Saturday Statute Never | Ballet Webb

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Saturday Statute Never



Saturday Statute Never

I’ve touched on this subject before – straight legs. Since I wasn’t blessed (or some would say cursed) with hyper-extended legs, I had to be vigilant about straightening my legs.

But, in the Big Beige Book of Ballet Statutes there is this one: “The leg is never as straight as you think it is.” This is especially true in arabesque, and even more true in grand battement derriere, (due to the force of the kick). No matter how straight you think the leg is, a photograph or a word from the teacher makes it clear. It’s never as straight as you think.

Therefore, it pays to be mindful of this and apply a bit of extra effort and stretch behind the knee whenever the leg is in the back.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Statute #144:
“The leg is never as straight as you think it is.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles. Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost.”
― Helen Keller

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment