2 3 Fun Friday Tennis Ball | Ballet Webb

Friday, March 1, 2019

Fun Friday Tennis Ball



Fun Friday Tennis Ball

A used, or “dead” tennis ball can be used for fun in a ballet class.

Place it under a dancer’s heel when they are on relevé and have them descend, feeling the resistance provided by the ball. This also helps with the feeling of alignment being forward over the balls of the feet.

Then remove the prop and have them lower their heels feeling the same resistance. This is especially useful for students who like to crash downward from relevé.


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #20w:
“Use a tennis ball under the heel to demonstrate resistance.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Tennis taught me so many lessons in life. One of the things it taught me is that every ball that comes to me, I have to make a decision. I have to accept responsibility for the consequences every time I hit a ball.”
― Billie Jean King

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



1 comment:

  1. This is great! It really shows me where to expand my blog. I think that sometime in the future I might try to write a book to go along with my blog, but we will see.Good post with useful tips and ideas. tennis ball weigh

    ReplyDelete