2 3 Terminology Tuesday Crown | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Terminology Tuesday Crown



Terminology Tuesday Crown

Last week I talked about how the arms in fifth en haut (high fifth) should make a lovely oval picture frame for the face. But there’s another term for this position: bras en couronne [brah zahn koo-RAWN].

Bras en couronne is a term of the French school (en haut is Cecchetti), and it means arms in the shape of a crown.

That has a nice regal ring to it, don’t you think?

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology Secret #6mmm:
“Bras en couronne means arms in the shape of a crown.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“A King and Queen cannot support a crown with eyes looking down.”
― T.F. Hodge

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment