2 3 Saturday Superstition Overlook | Ballet Webb

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Saturday Superstition Overlook



Saturday Superstition Overlook

I keep finding superstitions related to dressing rooms and backstage preparations. I never knew there were so many.

Apparently, it is unlucky to have someone look in the mirror over your shoulder while you are putting on your make-up. Who knew?!  In my experience this happens regularly, and I don’t remember anything bad happening (other than ordinary performance stuff).

Why is this unlucky? Perhaps it goes back to vampire legends or something similar, since vampires are said to have no reflection. I guess having a vampire look over your shoulder might well bring bad luck (except perhaps in the Twilight series).

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Superstitious Secret #145:
“ It is bad luck to have someone look over your shoulder into a dressing room mirror.”

Link of the Day:


Quote of the Day:
“There is no thing known as bad luck. There is luck, or no luck at all.”
― Jeffrey Fry

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment