2 3 Mad Monday Battement Flex | Ballet Webb

Monday, November 19, 2018

Mad Monday Battement Flex



Mad Monday Battement Flex

Today I read an article that discussed the necessity of a ballet barre. It contains many interesting ideas. Here is the link: http://www.citraining.com/Dance-Pedagogy-Myth-Versus-Reality.html. I have often wondered whether barrework is completely necessary, and how we could re-imagine training without it, or at least with a reduced amount. Hmmm.

One paragraph talks about grand battement at the barre and states: “In a study using 42 dancers of various skill levels, they also found that apparently all dancers involuntarily flex their standing leg at the height of the grand battement.” All 42 dancers? Well, to me this says that the idea of two-way energy isn’t being taught and/or applied.

Pay attention to your standing leg at the height of a grand battement. Make sure your downward energy is there, so no flexing will occur.

But I still wonder about how barre could be redesigned…


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #12i:
“Maintain downward energy to prevent flexing the supporting leg at the height of a grand battement.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Change is the end result of all true learning.”
― Leo Buscaglia

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment