2 3 Mad Monday Swoosh | Ballet Webb

Monday, November 12, 2018

Mad Monday Swoosh



Mad Monday Swoosh

I’ve talked about arabesque and how the upper torso is actually in front of the supporting leg, not directly over it. When dancers try to get the shoulders to stay over the supporting leg, the position becomes tense and static. And dance is movement, after all.

Even posing or picture steps are never static. There is always a sense of movement, an alive-ness to everything. So think of arabesque as a swoosh – a Nike logo if you will. Feel the sense of movement in the position even when you are almost standing still.


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #18s:
“Imagine arabesque as a swoosh.”

Link of the Day:


Quote of the Day:
“All that is important is this one moment in movement. Make the moment important, vital, and worth living. Do not let it slip away unnoticed and unused.”
― Martha Graham

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment