2 3 Fun Friday Underneath | Ballet Webb

Friday, November 23, 2018

Fun Friday Underneath



Fun Friday Underneath

Earlier this week I talked about concentrating on your supporting side in développés. Now that you’ve mastered that, let’s talk about another element.

In trying to achieve higher extensions, dancers often focus on lifting the working leg, and this engages the muscles on top of the leg (think quads). This is ineffective. Instead, imagine the underneath muscles. Now imagine these muscles lengthening outward and upward.

Think lengthen, not lift, and feel it from underneath.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #11q:
“To improve your développés, work from underneath the leg.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“ …for every bottom underneath us, there’s always endless opportunity above us.” 

― Craig D. Lounsbrough
                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment