2 3 Fun Friday Side Glide | Ballet Webb

Friday, November 16, 2018

Fun Friday Side Glide



Fun Friday Side Glide

One of the most important steps in ballet is the glissade, which links many, many other steps together as well as powering them. Most often standard glissades are done to the side, although they are also performed front and back.

But since going sideways is most common, think of this fun phrase: a glissade is a side glide. The word glissade means “glide” (see Ballet Secret #31p:  Glissade means “glide” or “slide”.) Refer also to Ballet Secret #13i:A glissade moves from one foot to one foot with an under-circle energy.”

I guess you could also call a glissade a side glide slide.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #13t:
“Think of a standard glissade as a side glide.”

Link of the Day:


Quote of the Day:
“I feel like I've been sliding all day.”
― Dean Koontz, Brother Odd

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment