2 3 Saturday Superstition Complementary | Ballet Webb

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Saturday Superstition Complementary



Saturday Superstition Complementary

Not all theatrical superstitions involve the stage or backstage area. This one involves the box office, or the entrance to the theater.

It is said that the first person admitted to the theater should never be one with a complimentary (“comp or free”) ticket. It is believe this will cause financial ruin to the performance.

But as soon as even a single paying customer has been admitted, then the person with the comp ticket may be allowed entrance without jeopardizing the show.


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Superstition #146:
“The first person admitted to a theater should not have a comp ticket.”

Link of the Day:


Quote of the Day:

I am very fond of the theatre. If I have only a kopeck in my pocket, I always go there. Most of my fellow-officials are uneducated boors, and never enter a theatre unless one throws free tickets at their head.”
― Nikolai Gogol, Diary of a Madman and Other Stories

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment