2 3 Saturday Worse and Better | Ballet Webb

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Saturday Worse and Better



Saturday Worse and Better

You may have noticed an interesting phenomenon that happens in ballet training. Some days when you work really hard on something – like pirouettes – they seem to get worse. It’s frustrating, to say the least. But don’t despair!

The next day, as if by magic, the pirouettes are usually better! What happened? I wish I could give you a great, scientific answer, but I don’t have one. But this phenomenon is common in all physical skills, from rehab from an injury, to gymnastic skills, and for dancers.

My theory is that it takes time for the brain to process the new information and I believe a good night’s sleep probably helps solidify everything. That’s why it all falls together the next day.

Just a theory…

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Statute #94:  
“Things often get worse before they get better.”

                Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That's the only way to keep the roads clear.”
Greg Kincaid

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest book is a coloring book! It is available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

No comments:

Post a Comment