2 3 Marvelous Monday Window Weights | Ballet Webb

Monday, December 26, 2016

Marvelous Monday Window Weights







Marvelous Monday Window Weights

Here I go again with the two-way energy idea. It is so important for everything that I like to have as many images for it as possible. Here is a new one.

I live in a 1920s cottage with lovely double-hung, old windows. You know the kind: the ones that open top and bottom that are controlled by long cylindrical weights tucked into the window frame out of sight. Although somewhat drafty, the windows are wonderful for letting in light and air, and the weighted system works beautifully – for at least fifty years until the ropes holding the weights give way and must be replaced.

Replacing the ropes gives one a chance to see two-way energy at its best: when the window slides upward, the weight moves downward to counterbalance it - and vice versa. A simple, perfect system. The same way two-way energy should work in a dancer’s posture!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret #22eee:
Imagine the weights in an old double hung window to picture two-way energy.”

Links of the Day:


Quote of the Day:

“A house without books is like a room without windows.”
Horace Mann

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest book is a coloring book! It is available on Amazon.
Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment