2 3 Saturday Trip Superstition | Ballet Webb

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Saturday Trip Superstition



Saturday Trip Superstition

In the category of “Things That Are Obvious” comes today’s superstition: It is bad luck to trip over something, especially for dancers.

This comes from the book:  What They Say in New England, a book published in 1896. But there is a remedy should you be so unlucky, and that is to go back and walk safely over the item that tripped you. But if you tripped over a stone, you must go back and touch it.

Of course, most dancers I know don’t usually trip over an actual physical object. We tend to trip over nothing. I don’t know if there’s a remedy for that.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Superstition #151:
“It is bad luck to trip over something.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Even now one rarely hears of people achieving great things unless they first stumble in some respect.”
― Meister Eckhart

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment