2 3 Saturday Superstition Flower Adornment | Ballet Webb

Saturday, May 4, 2019

Saturday Superstition Flower Adornment



Saturday Superstition Flower Adornment

It is bad luck to wear flowers in your hair or on your person that you have been given before a performance or after a performance.

This is related to the fact that real flowers, jewelry, money etc. are believed to bring bad luck if they are used onstage. It is better to use props instead, probably because it is cheaper, safer and easier to use fake items. Silk flowers don’t die or wilt, and play money and costume jewelry isn’t likely to be stolen.

Therefore, to insure a good performance, it is okay to wear flowers you’ve received before and/or after a performance, but never onstage.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Superstition #150:
“Never wear flowers onstage that you have been given.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Well, I was never in luck's way long.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:


No comments:

Post a Comment