2 3 Wacky Wednesday Bean Bag Elbows | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Wacky Wednesday Bean Bag Elbows


Wacky Wednesday Bean Bag Elbows

Props are such fun in a ballet class, and I believe they work just as effectively with older students as they do with young children.

One particularly effective prop is a set of bean bags. They can be used in a variety of ways, but today I’m talking about those droopy elbows. And you will remember that there is no drooping in ballet.

Place one bean bag on each elbow when the arms are in à la second. Simply feeling their weight is often all it takes for a student to understand how to correctly rotate and lift the elbows – otherwise the bean bags will fall off.

Bean bag elbows!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #20r:
Place a bean bag on each elbow.

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Politics is not bean bags. It's serious, tough stuff.”
-         Colin Powell


                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment