2 3 Mad Monday Campfire | Ballet Webb

Monday, October 2, 2017

Mad Monday Campfire


Mad Monday Campfire

Ahhhh – it is October and the scent of fireplace fires and campfires fill the air. It made me think about piqué turns and how dancers so often fail to step out enough and instead piqué under themselves. (This is only acceptable for “step-overs”, or piqué turns en dehors, not piqué turns en dedans.)

In the spirit of October, when doing piqué turns, imagine stepping out and over a brightly burning campfire. To do this, you must step out a good distance or you’ll singe your shoes.

And singed shoes must always be avoided.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #14ff:
“Imagine stepping over a burning campfire during piqué turns.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“You don’t have to say everything to be a light. Sometimes a fire built on a hill will bring interested people to your campfire.”
Shannon L. Alder

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment