2 3 Technical Tuesday Human Hair | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Technical Tuesday Human Hair


Technical Tuesday Human Hair

During those moments when you are putting your hair in a bun, did you ever consider the wonders of a human hair?

Next to bone marrow, hair is the fastest growing tissue in the body. It is made mostly of keratin, a fibrous structural protein, which is also found in our skin and nails. Hair grows about 0.5 inches per month, or 6 inches per year, on average. Therefore, if you are trying to grow your hair, it will take about seven years to get it to your waist! 

The outer layer of a human hair is called the cuticle. If you look at a hair under a microscope you will see that this layer is made up of overlapping scales that serve to protect the inner layer of the hair. These scales will lie flat in healthy hair.

Worried about split ends? There’s a name for those: trichoptilosis.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Anatomical Secret #26dd:
“Next to bone marrow, hair is the fastest growing tissue in the human body.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“People always ask me how long it takes to do my hair. I don’t know, I’m never there.”
Dolly Parton

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment