2 3 Wild Wednesday Cloud | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Wild Wednesday Cloud





Wild Wednesday Cloud

Fifth en haut (high fifth) can be a problematic position. There is a perverse tendency for the elbows to bend too much, giving a droopy appearance. And we all know there is no drooping in ballet.

The arms must be correctly shaped in fifth en haut, and the famous two-way energy (up and down) must be maintained. The down part isn’t the problem here, but the up, is. 

Imagine a gentle little puffy cloud hanging just above the fingers in fifth en haut. Feel a gentle pressure upwards on this cloud any time your arms are in fifth.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret # 6vv:
“Imagine a low hanging cloud just above your fingers in fifth en haut.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.”
Rabindranath Tagore, Stray Birds

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment