2 3 Saturday Good Statute | Ballet Webb

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Saturday Good Statute






Saturday Good Statute

This is going to sound pretty obvious. During class (and other times too), think good thoughts. This is often phrased as “think positively”, but take it a step (no pun intended) further.

It is too easy to focus on what not to do, what you can’t do (yet), and generally how horrible everything is. I’ve talked before about how dance classes, unfortunately, tend to foster this kind of thinking due to their emphasis on aggressively “fixing what is wrong”. So – what to do?

Practice changing any non-good thoughts to good ones. It’s not easy and it takes time. But do it anyway. Instead of thinking I did that badly… add a but: but the preparation was better. In other words, rephrase general negativity into positive specificity.

Think good thoughts.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Statute #106:
“Think good thoughts.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Every day is a good day. There is something to learn, care and celebrate.”
Amit Ray

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment