2 3 Throwback Thursday and Valborg Borchsenius | Ballet Webb

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Throwback Thursday and Valborg Borchsenius





Throwback Thursday and Valborg Borchsenius

Born in Copenhagen Denmark on November 19, 1872, Valborg Borchsenius was a Danish dancer and teacher. She studied at the Royal Danish Ballet School beginning in 1870, when she was about eight years old. She made her debut with the company in 1891 and became a soloist in 1895. She was frequently partnered by Hans Beck in many Bournonville ballets.

She performed with the company until she retired in 1918. She went on to help Harold Lander restage many Bournonville ballets and she also became one of the leading teachers of the Bournonville style in Denmark. Thus she helped preserve the technique that has been handed down to us today.

She died in Copenhagen on the 5th of January 1949.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Dance History Factoid  #144:
Valborg Borchsenius was a Danish ballerina and teacher who helped preserve the Bournonville repertoire.”


Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
Douglas Adams

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.


Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment