2 3 Super Sunday Pony | Ballet Webb

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Super Sunday Pony





Super Sunday Pony

Dancers tend to be pessimists. I’ve always wondered why. Perhaps the field itself attracts perfectionistic pessimists. I don’t know. But let’s talk about how to be less pessimistic.

There is a famous story, slightly gross, but effective. It describes two young boys, one an optimist, the other a pessimist. Their parents take them to a doctor to try and balance out their problems. The pessimist is put into a room filled to the brim will wonderful new toys and he sobs and says: “There are so many better toys available…”

The optimist is placed in a room filled with manure. He runs in excitedly and begins digging. When the horrified doctor asks what he is doing he replies with a big grin: “With all this manure there must be a pony in here somewhere!”

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Motivational Secret #52:
“ Remember the pony.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down”
Charlie Chaplin

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.


Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment