2 3 Fun Friday Ironed | Ballet Webb

Friday, February 17, 2017

Fun Friday Ironed







Fun Friday Ironed

I’ve talked quite a bit about how the torso needs to be straight, square and immovable during a pirouette (or promenade) in passé. Here is an image that can help with this.

Imagine your lower body - in passé - from the armpits down, being ironed. Nice and flat and smooth. This is the position the turn or promenade is performed in – with no excessive movements.

Picture this any time you pirouette and it will make it easier.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret #14gg:
 “Imagine your lower body being ironed.”

 Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead.”
Roy T. Bennett

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.


Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment